Go Kart/Movement Example with Websocket API

Hello!

We’ve been really digging into the new websocket API, and it is fantastic! I haven’t been able to figure out how to recreate the go karts we’ve seen in the Gather Office, and I’m looking for some help or insight. I’m not even sure how to go about changing movement speed or how the animation of the tail pipe smoke works, but any example code that could be provided or shared here would be amazing!

Thank you!
Kevin

1 Like

Hey Kevin! Nice to have you here sir.

The Gather team is on holiday today, but ill ping someone internally to look at this tomorrow when we are back!

Sounds good Jommi! Thanks!

Hey Kevin! The gokarts are still in the experimentation phase unfortunately so they have a lot of hardcoded logic throughout the stack and aren’t possible as a 3rd party yet (for example changing movement speed, particle effects, custom outfit modifiers).

Just for visibility into the process: The general pipeline is we’ll hack something together ourselves (like gokarts) and if it turns out to be a good idea, we then build it in to the platform ‘properly’ so it’s easier for us to build stuff like that, and open to 3rd parties to do the same.

3 Likes

Hi Nate!

That makes perfect sense! Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything in the websocket code! I combed through everything I could think of, and I couldn’t find anything that would change the movement speed haha.

Go karts are amazing, and I’ll keep my fingers crossed that this idea will make it to the platform eventually! My team is really excited to get our hands on more websocket tech, but in the meantime we’ll keep working on building out everything we can with what we have so far. :smiley:

Thank you!

1 Like