Doubts about the API

Hey! I’m new here! :slight_smile:

I’m planning to do a event in Gather and use the API to bring some gamification and achievements for the atteendess. But I have some questions:

• Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases. - This is the only official documentation for the API?
  • I see in the code that are some events like playerShootsConfetti (experimental), playerSetsGoKartId (experimental), spacePlaysSound, how they work?
  • Is there any way to create personalized avatars via API? One of our ideas is about the user unlock some avatars based in actions, but we want to create our custom avatars sprites
  • Can we create some tracking of each user? Like how many steps they do, or how many rooms they enter

Good afternoon,

Here are some examples of some documentation:
Full gather-game-client docs:

Personalized avatars are not supported currently.

You can subscribe to any existing events you like, so you could track player movement using the playerMoves event. Here’s an example of a simple event that would track player movement:

game.subscribeToEvent("playerMoves", (data, context) => {
   console.log(context.player.name, "moved!"); // if opalrose moved, will log "opalrose moved!"
});

You can see an example of how to integrate Gather with an external service as well as an example of how to get an instance of Game set up here:

Hope this helps!

opalrose

Nice, thanks!

Another question: in the docs, at Notion, there’s a warning telling that we can’t use in maps larger than 50 users, is that real?

Can I create a “animation” in a object? Like if I set a timedout and change the image in frames. Or is this not performatic?